Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cry Baby

I found myself holding Katelyn for an extra long time last night after our 3:30 feeding. I know I should have put her down in her crib to go to sleep, but I just sat there are looked at her and cried. I can't help it. I can't help but soak in every second of her because I know it will be my last. My last first smile, my last first giggle, my last little baby:( She is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe she is growing so fast already. I look at Camden and wonder where the time went. He is such a big boy! I want time to stand still for a while so I can enjoy my last baby!!!
This moment of reflection in the middle of the night happened because tomorrow will be my first official day back at school. My summer/maternity leave is officially over:( I know Katelyn is going to be taken care of very well, but I will miss holding her and playing with her in the morning hours. Camden starts preschool, Katelyn will go to Robins and I will have to head back to my students. This summer just went by way to fast. I will have to fill my room full of pictures of my beautiful family!!

3 comments:

The Ray Family Blog said...

I cried just reading this! I know you enjoyed your time with your kids this summer. They are both beautiful and very lucky to have a mom and dad like you and Mark! Love you! Kristin

Sharon Harlow said...

I just read this Tara and now I am crying sitting at work. I know how fast all of my grandchildren are growing up and you are right, I wish time could stand still a little bit. But I do know that you and Mark are very, very, very good parents and Katelyn and Camden are very lucky to have you both. Keep up the good work you two and enjoy every minute with your children. I am trying to enjoy every minute I can with my grandchildren. Love you all. Grandma H.

cathyb said...

You have some great pictures of your beautiful family...hopefully they will keep you company during the day before you rush home for some personal time with those two precious babies. love you, Aunt Cathy