Thursday, February 11, 2010

Camden's New School


I haven't blogged for a while. To tell the truth, I have been kinda nervous that I would cry when I finally did so. A lot has happened in the past few weeks with Camden. The evaluation that Mark and I requested was concluded and Camden was determined through the school district to be "emotionally disturbed." I hate that title, but it is getting him some much needed help in order to help him be successful in school. Mark and I were faced with a very difficult decision to keep Camden at my school or pull him and put him in another elementary school that has a special program to help kids like Camden. It would have been a no-brainer except for Mrs. Richeson has been the most amazing kindergarten teacher in the world. Losing Mrs. Richeson was really our only hang-up. Mark and I toured the other school and their special program for kids with similar disabilities. We decided it would be in his best interest to go ahead and make the move now so next year he would hopefully be mainstreamed full time. When we told Camden, he was sad that he was not going to have Mrs. Richeson anymore, but he was happy that he was going to have a "boy" teacher and he was going to be able to ride the bus!!! It has been a very smooth transition for him. I am very proud of him!!!!

3 comments:

Hilbrich Family said...

I'm so proud of Camden! What a brave little guy going to a new school and being ok with it.

Sharon Harlow said...

Camden, we are so, so, so proud of you choosing to go to your new school. You are doing a wonderful job and I am so glad you love your new teacher and love riding the school bus. We all love you so much!!! Way to go big guy. Love, Grandma

Whitney Richeson said...

Camden, I am so proud of you! Every day I watch you get on the bus to go to Daniel Young out my window and I know how awesome you are doing. You know how very special you are to me! Keep up the good work. :)