Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soccer Time Again

I received a phone call that brought tears to my eyes last night!!! Camden has been asking us if he could play soccer again for a while now!! Looking back to the last time we played soccer, I cringe at the thought of going through it again!! Camden is an awesome soccer player by himself in the back yard!! He is incredible at dribbling, control, and most importantly he loves it:) When it came time to play a game, he would freak out! It was the anxiety of the whole situation: lots of kids running around and most importantly, people watching!!! On my perspective, I just remember the looks I would get from others as my son was hiding under a fold-up chair refusing to come out, kicking and screaming!! Oh, it was a nightmare!!!

When I went to sign Camden up at soccer sign-ups, I was so nervous because Blue Springs is so competitive when it comes to sports. I made sure I had them mark on his sheet that he needs a coach who will be understanding due to Camdens disability. She marked on his sheet a little Astrix and said that she is the one that makes the teams and she would make sure he was taken care of. This was 4 weeks ago... We got the phone call from a man last night, Camden's new soccer coach. He said Camden was put on his team for a reason, his oldest son has Aspergers. I can't tell you how relived I am!! Just the thought of having a coach for Camden that truly understands the magnitude of Camden's disability, the highs and lows.

I am so hopeful that this will be successful soccer season!!!

2 comments:

Whitney Richeson said...

What a great feeling! I can't wait to see soccer pictures! Camden, you will be a star...I just know it!

Sharon Harlow said...

I have a feeling Camden will do just fine this year. The older he gets, the better he does. Go Camden!!!!