Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Training wheels are for babies!!!

Camden and I have been riding our bikes almost every night this week. On the way home from preschool tonight, he told me that he wants to cut off his training wheels when he gets home. I have no idea where the idea came from, but he was pretty adamant about taking those training wheels off. Mark and I figured if he was asking us to take them off, he must be ready to go, so we took them off. I put his helmet on and his elbow pads because I was just sure he would crash and burn. I was so nervous!!
Imagine our surprise when he just took off riding!! He never ceases to amaze me at what he is able to accomplish on his own. I still think of him as my little baby, but he is so independent. Riding a bike all by himself, without training wheels... Next thing I know, the boy will be driving.

4 comments:

Shawna Stobaugh said...

Wow! Go Camden Go! I think I was about 8 before I did this! That's awesome!

Love Aunt Shawna

Emmabug said...

That's amazing! I was definitely older too! He's not allowed to grow, stop that boy!

Danielle B. (a.k.a. the favorite =])

Sharon Harlow said...

Camden - Grandma is so proud of you. You are such a Big Boy!!!!! Way to ride that bike kiddo. You will have to bring it over to my house and ride it in the circle this weekend. I can't wait to see you. Love you so much - Grandma

bradleysmommy said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome!!! Way to do Camden!!! He needs to come over and put some pressure on Bradley!