Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Katelyn's First Birthday Party (June 6)

With Katelyn and Taylan's birthdays being so close together and them being in town from Chicago and Aunt Cathy being in from Indianapolis, we decided to have one big birthday celebration. Happy Birthday Katelyn...June 6, and Taylan...June 13th. We love you guys!!!! I hope your next year is as special as your first!!



Present Time at Grandma and Grandpas house!! This was a tad bit overwhelming for Katelyn at first. She did enjoy the tissue paper and big brother loved helping her open her presents.


CAKE TIME!!!!!! YUM! Katelyn definitely loved the cake. She didn't quite dig into it as much as Camden did on his first birthday, but she loved it. She has this thing with playing with her hair when she gets tired (I have no idea where she gets this:) About 3 minutes into her cake, sure enough, the hands went up to the hair. Her hair was sticking straight up with icing. She looked like a punk rocker baby!! A memory I will never forget!!


Aunt Cathy made Katelyn a ABC book. It is personalized with all sorts of information about her and her favorites and her family. This was a very thoughtful gift. I can't believe the time and energy that must have gone into it. Thank you so much Aunt!!
Proud Grandma's
You can't tell, but this shirt says, "my cousin and I are two peas in a pod." They had a blast together. I wish they lived closer so they could see each other more often!!!
Katelyn was so exhausted at the end of the night, she fell asleep in the two minute car ride home. Katelyn snuggles with her new toy every night. I want to say it is definitely her favorite. My cousin Amy got it for her and she loves it!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great party! katelyn is so cute!