Saturday, May 16, 2009

Katelyn 11 Months


Katelyn is now 11 months old. She is such a sweet little baby. She has started so many new and exciting things this month. My favorite is catch. She sits by you and hands you the ball and gets so excited when we throw her the ball. She picks it up and hands it to us again and then of coarse...she claps for herself:) I love it!!!

She has also started eating much more table food. She LOVES toast, strawberries, watermelon, and chicken nuggets. She is doing pretty good. I can't believe she will only be on formula for a few more weeks and then milk it is... I hope.

She has also started playing Peek-a-Boo all by herself. She laughs so loud when I say, "where's Katelyn.... There she is." I has a fantastic laugh!! Katelyn really has no interest in walking still. She will pull up and sometimes she will take a few steps if holding on to objects, but this has only happened a few times. She will stand for a few seconds until she realizes she is not holding on to anything and then she panics.

This is Marks favorite..... Katelyn has started climbing on everything. She loves climbing on the fireplace. The problem is once she gets up there, she will have nothing to do with getting down, so she just screams at the top of her lungs.

She is not much of a talker. I know she knows how to say many things, but she just kinda sits back and watches things as opposed to running her mouth. This I am extremely thankful for... I think one child that talks non-stop is about all I can handle. We have had to get tough on her this months about sleeping in her own bed. She has really gotten into a bad habit of sleeping with us when she wakes up in the middle of the night, but after crying it out for a few days, she is sleeping all night in her own crib again.

1 comment:

cathyb said...

Oh my goodness Katelyn...I cannot believe that you are almost one year old. Just yesterday, we came to KC for Aunt Shawna's wedding to see a brand new little baby girl.
you are so cute and I can't wait to see you for your birthday party with Taylan. Keep smiling for your Mommy and Grandma...you make their days so bright. Love,
Aunt Cathy