Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Katelyn 6 Months Old

Katelyn's 6 month dr. visit went very well. We no longer have a "little" girl. She was 26 inches long and weighed 15 lbs. 10 oz. which puts her in the 50-75th %. Her head is still tiny, but it is at least on the charts now at the 10th%. Sorry Kater, you get that from your mommy!! At the appointment they noticed that her fat rolls in her legs are asymetrical, so they sent us to Children's Mercy for an x-ray to make sure her hips were developing properly. As many scares as we have had with our precious little angel, the x-ray came back perfect. We are very blessed that she is so perfect:)
Dr. Sauer all but had to convince me to give Katelyn her shots this time. Everytime I hear new research about autism and vacinations it just makes me cringe!!! With Camden being in the autism spectrum with possible Aspergers Syndrome, I am so scared everytime I go in for an appointment! I think I am going to hold off on her MMR when she is 1 until she turns 2. That seems to be the shot that is most in question. The pediatrician still says that the advantages far outweigh the risks, but I am still nervous.

1 comment:

cathyb said...

Dear Katelyn,
I love ALL of your beautiful Chirstmas pictures.....I can't believe you and Taylan are already 6 months old. You both need to stay babies for your grandma's much longer. We love you,
Aunt Cathy