Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Goodbye Maggie!!

Today I had to say goodbye to the best dog in the world. Maggie passed away early this morning. It was thought that she had a brain tumor that was pushing on her optic nerve causing her to lose vision in one eye. This diagnosis was given over a year ago. The vet suggested that we take her home and let her live a happy life. It never seemed to effect her other than her vision. I guess it finally caught up to her although you would never know it. Last night, Maggie and Katelyn were playing a kissing game. It was so cute. My camera was upstairs, so I wasn't going to go and get it. You always think, they will do it again and then I will take pictures then. Something just told me to get off my butt and go upstairs and get my camera. I am so thankful I did!!! We had no warning signs at all, she just didn't wake up this morning. I wish I would have known yesterday was my last day with her. I will always treasure these last pictures of my two girls playing the kissing game!!!

6 comments:

Nonna Illustration & Design said...

Goodbye sweet baby Maggie. You will always be the dare devil MAGSTER to me! We all love you so very much.

xoxox kisses to doggie heaven

Aunt Shawna

Hilbrich Family said...

Tara, I am so sorry that Maggie passed away! I am thinking of you!

Angela said...

So sorry! I'm so glad you were able to capture those last photos with her! : (

Whitney Richeson said...

Tara, I am sooo sorry that Maggie is gone. I am thinking of you and your family!

Sharon Harlow said...

We love you Maggie.....Tara, I see these as a scrapbook page, maybe this weekend I can do that for you. Maggie and Katelyn, what a great way to remember Maggie.

Sharon Harlow said...

We love you Maggie.....Tara, I see these as a scrapbook page, maybe this weekend I can do that for you. Maggie and Katelyn, what a great way to remember Maggie.